Welcome back to another week of Playful Preschool where a group of preschool bloggers come together to share different subjects for preschool lesson plans based on one theme. J has a slight obsession with snowmen right now courtesy of Frozen and Olaf. Today we will be doing some snowman colour preschool activities.
What You Need
- black beans or beads for the eyes (optional)
- small pieces of carrot for the nose (optional)
- twigs or spaghetti for the body (optional)
- styrofoam cups (6)
- paint (red, yellow, blue)
- paint brushes
- paper or canvas for painting
1) Add 1/4 cup of snow to each cup to 3 cups.
2) Add 2 black beans or beads to each cup as well as 1 small piece of carrot and a few broken pieces of spaghetti.
3) In the first cup, add red paint. Do the same for 2 other cups and the colours blue and yellow.
4) Mix the snow and paint together and allow your preschooler to start painting.
5) Halfway through the activity, ask them if they would like to paint with another colour- purple.
6) Mix some of the red melted snowman and the blue melted snowman together in one of the empty cups.
7) You can also make green as well as orange snowmen.
If your preschooler does not want the activity to end you can start to explore shades of the primary colours as well as tertiary colours. You can make a pink melted snowman (red and white mixed together).
If you like this winter preschool activity, don’t forget to follow my Pinterest board for more ideas.
Snowman Literacy Activities for Preschool:
Snowman Math Activities for Preschool:
Snowman Peg and Count by Rainy Day Mum