Have you ever laid in bed wondering how you can help your kids by teaching the alphabet effectively? I have- almost every night I sit and wonder how I can help my son to further grasp his preschool letters both upper and lower case.
Sure I may have taught his sister but for some crazy reason, I cannot remember all the things I did. Today, however, I created a set of robot alphabet puzzles as a fun robot preschool letter activity and was so excited about how Caleb responded to them.
In case you are unaware, Caleb is my preschool son who loves following his kindergarten sister J. When he sees her with a dry erase marker , he wants a dry-erase marker. Classic case of ‘monkey see, monkey do’. My problem, however (well its a challenge more than a problem) is that C will not touch worksheets unless its to mark all over it and move on.
Courtesy of our robot theme in this week’s #TeachECE challenge, I tried my luck with making him a set of alphabet puzzles similar to the a-z puzzles I made some time ago. The best part…HE UNDERSTOOD IT AND LOVED IT!!!!
WHAT YOU NEED
Before you can start all the robot fun, you need to grab a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
Neenah Exact Index Card Stock, 8.5 x 11 Inch, 90 lb, White, 250 Sheets (40311)HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant InkFiskars 8 Inch Softgrip Scissors Straight, Stainless Steel (01-004761J)
- Robot Alphabet Puzzle Cards (at the end of the post)
Our activity was extremely simple. Just print the puzzles and then cut them out and allow your child to put them together. You can see an example below.
ADDITIONAL IDEAS FOR USING THE ROBOT PUZZLES
You can also try the following with the puzzles:
- Sort them by upper and lower cases
- Shuffle them and use them to work on beginning sounds
- Use them to help with learning alphabetic order
- Robot Beginning Sounds Activity Growing Book by Book
- Robot Alphabet Puzzles Learning 2 Walk
- Robot Alphabet Card Games and Activities Mom Inspired Life
- Discovery Bottle Robot Fun-A-Day
- Dollar Store DIY Robot Toys Capri + 3
- Robot Patterns by Munchkins and Moms
- Erase A Robot Reading Game from The Educator’s Spin On It