We are in the reading trenches working on our consonant blends as well as reading short vowel words and I am so excited to watch my kindergartner J reading. I shared with you my son’s bug preschool letter activity recently and now I will share J’s bugs consonant blends activity.
BUGS CONSONANT BLENDS ACTIVITY
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
- Cardstock for printing
- Printer (we absolutely love our Epson Stylus NX530
- Bugging Out preschool letter pack (at the end of the post)
HOW TO PLAY
1. Print and cut out all the bug cards on cardstock or regular paper as well as a bug jar for each player.
2. Decide on who will be Player 1 and Player 2 etc.
3. Place all the bug cards in a container that is not transparent and have player 1 read the first bug.
4. If a player reads the card incorrectly, then the bug card must be placed back in the container. If the card is read correctly, then it is added to that players bug jar.
Instead of adding the bug cards in the jar, you may also use bug erasers or any other bug-themed manipulatives to place in the jar.
More Consonant Blends and Bugs Activities to Try: